Wellcome Trust - Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology - Postdoctoral Fellowships in Medical History & Humanities
Deadline: Required preliminary deadlines: 7/18/14 & 12/1/13
Note: A preliminary application must be submitted before a full application is invited.
The Wellcome Trust encourages research applications that address important questions at the interface of science, medicine and the humanities in order to further develop understanding of the impact of medicine and medical sciences on human and animal health. Research funded by the Wellcome Trust's Medical History and Humanities programme must be historically grounded and draw, where appropriate, on the wider disciplines of the humanities (for example philosophy, literature, anthropology, law etc). This Fellowship supports individuals at all stages of their career, not in established academic posts, wishing to undertake a period of research. The maximum duration of this fellowship is 3 years. The awards are full-time but can be tenable on a part-time basis if a case can be made that personal circumstances require this.
- Applicant must be a postdoctoral scholar not in a tenured or otherwise long-term established post (employment on a rolling contract is regarded as tantamount to holding an established post) wishing to carry out an extended period of research on a specific project.
- Applicant is expected to have been awarded their PhD before they are eligible to apply.
- Application must be sponsored by an established and normally senior member of the department, unit or institute in the UK or Republic of Ireland in which the award is to be held.
- Research expenses and a salary, plus appropriate employer's contribution.
- Research expenses include travel to libraries and archives or overseas fieldwork, and a set amount for travel to conferences, seminars and other meetings of a scholarly nature.
Grants Section - Medical History and Humanities
215 Euston Road
London NW1 2BE, UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 7611 8499
Fax: +44 (0)20 7611 8528