The Upload Credentials Here page of your online application is where you will upload your academic credentials and any appropriate citizenship status documents.
Instructions for Uploading All Documents:
- Resolution: Please obtain an electronic version or scan a copy of the credentials at the lowest resolution that results in a legible document (we recommend using under 200 dpi whenever possible).
- Size: Please be certain that your document is saved as a PDF file or Word document, and that its size does not exceed 4MB. Scanning in "gray scale" or black and white may produce the best results. If the scanned file is too large you may want to make a photocopy first (experiment with different settings until you find one that results in the smallest file size) then scan the photocopy.
- Legibility: To ensure that your name and other identifying marks are not missed during the scanning process, make sure your scanned copy is clearly legible and can print on letter size paper - 8.5 by 11 in (21.5 by 30 cm).
- Multiple upload buttons have been made available in case you are unable to make your credentials fit inside the 4MB limit. Splitting them into multiple documents is acceptable. Any documents that do not fit in the upload buttons made available should be emailed to your program of study.
- Viewing Uploaded Documents: Once you have uploaded the document into the online application, you will be able to click the "view document" button to verify whether the uploaded document is legible. If it is not legible, then try again. (NOTE: The system automatically converts your uploaded document into a standard PDF file.)
- All Required Documents Must Be Uploaded: Even if you have previously mailed in paper documents, you must still upload an electronic version.
Academic Credentials (Transcripts, Certificates of Degrees):
- Identifying Information: The uploaded document must include your name and the institution name.
- Transcript Legends: Include a copy of the transcript legend or university key (back page in most cases) for each institution.
- United States Institutions: Transcripts are required to be uploaded.
- International Institutions (you have been awarded a degree): English and native language transcripts and certificates of degree are required to be uploaded.
- International Institutions (you have not yet been awarded a degree): English and native language transcripts are required to be uploaded.
- IMPORTANT: Some academic programs may require you to submit official academic credentials at the time of application. You MUST contact your program of study office to see if they require this additional documentation for admission review.
- Official Academic Credentials: All credentials uploaded to the online application are considered unofficial. You will only be asked to submit official or attested credentials (transcripts, academic records, diplomas, certificates of degrees, etc) in a sealed envelope, with a certification stamp across the seal if you are admitted. These must be submitted during your first term of enrollment at the University of Illinois.
The University of Illinois reserves the right to require official credentials at any time during the admissions process, and rescind any offer of admission made if discrepancies between unofficial and official credentials are found.