- For every page in the thesis, margins must be a minimum of (but may be greater than) 1 inch on all sides.
- Theses with any material (other than page numbers) extending into the 1-inch margin on one or more sides will not be accepted for deposit.
- Font size for body text may be from 10- to 12-point and should remain consistent throughout the front matter and main text and must be easily legible.
- Font size and type may differ for footnotes, figure captions, table data, references, and material in an appendix and may be as small as 7-point.
- Script and ornamental fonts will not be accepted.
- Spacing of the body text may be from 1.5 lines to Double and must remain consistent throughout the main text.
- Single-spacing within the main text is allowed for titles, headings, footnotes, endnotes, references, lengthy quotations, bulleted or numbered lists, figure or table captions, or material in an appendix.
- All pages (other than title page and optional copyright page) must display page numbers.
- Pages prior to the main text should be numbered with Roman numerals (beginning with the abstract as page ii).
- Pages in the rest of the thesis should be numbered with Arabic numerals (beginning with 1 and continuing through the end of the document).
- Page numbers must be placed at least half an inch from the edge of the page.
- Each chapter or chapter equivalent must begin on a new page.
- There should be no completely blank pages in the text.