Resources for Physical, Emotional, Mental, and Financial Wellness
Do you have questions about McKinley Health Center, Student Insurance, the Counseling Center, work-life balance, self-care, campus safety, managing stress, or financial planning?
Stop by the Wellness Fair to find answers!
Wednesday, November 9
Noon - 2 p.m.
Illini Union, room 104
Download our Guidebook App
If you are new to campus...don't forget to do the following:
- Verify your personal information in Student Self-Service
- Set up and check your Exchange Email Account (NetID@Illinois.edu)
- Take your transcripts to the Graduate Admissions Office
- If you have a fellowship, turn in your notice of appointment to the Graduate College Fellowship Office.
Graduate College Resources - tailored to the needs of graduate students
Earning a graduate degree is an academic and professional journey. You have an academic home in your department, but as a graduate student enrolled in the Graduate College, you are also part of a large vibrant community here at Illinois. The Graduate College serves this community by providing resources tailored to the needs of graduate students. As you progress through your academic program, remember to take advantage of these resources that will assist you with your professional development and academic goals.
- SEARCH - Browse our Fellowship Finder database to find a fellowship that’s right for you
- LEARN - See our online resources and take our grant-writing workshops to learn the art of proposal writing
- REFINE - Utilize our one-on-one proposal review service to create your most competitive proposal
Professional & Career Development
- SUCCEED - Get tools you need to succeed in graduate school and beyond
- EXPLORE - Discover broad and exciting career options that use your advanced skills
- SEARCH - Land the job for you with effective application materials and interview preparation
- CONNECT - Make connections with alumni and employers in your chosen fields
- DEVELOPMENT - Research, write, repeat. Find writing and research support, make use of copyright tools, become familiar with Graduate College format requirements
- DEPARTMENT APPROVAL - Are you ready to defend? Be aware of important deadlines, file your title page, get ready to defend your thesis, review release options, obtain departmental approval
- GRAD COLLEGE APPROVAL - Prepare for your deposit. Prepare your submission, submit your thesis for Graduate College review, complete your deposit
The Graduate College Ombudsperson helps graduate students, faculty, and staff navigate policies, procedures, and problems. Ombudsperson services offer individual assistance with sensitive issues, questions, and problems affecting a graduate student’s academic career.