Whether you are here for just a few semesters or a few years, your surroundings should support your goals. Do you prefer cushy comfort or a more austere and functional space? First-floor entry or an elevator? A low noise level? Practice space for music or dance? Reserved parking? No matter what your preference, Champaign-Urbana has ample housing options to suit your needs.
On campus and in area neighborhoods, housing comes in numerous lifestyle, architectural, and geographic options—wood floors or chrome and glass, high-rise or prairie-flat. Choose the place that suits your tastes, needs, and budget while making Illinois your academic home.
- A variety of apartment options are available, including efficiency, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments (both furnished and unfurnished).
- University apartments are located in safe communities with affordable rates.
- Cable television, high-speed internet, 24-hour emergency maintenance service, water, trash, and sewer costs are included in residents’ monthly rent.
- On-site, lighted parking and on-site laundry facilities are available in all communities.
- Our residents enjoy convenient access to free bus service.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff offers hundreds of community programs (social, educational and cultural) each year.
For those preferring off-campus living arrangements, privately owned housing is plentiful in Champaign and Urbana. Anyone unfamiliar with standard leasing practices should visit the Tenant Union to learn more about lease agreements.
Private Certified Housing in Champaign-Urbana: The Housing Information Office maintains information on Private Certified Housing in Champaign-Urbana and certifies these privately owned units.
Privately Owned Housing: Search the Housing Explorer. Students seeking privately owned housing are urged to visit the campus as early as possible, because arrangements for this type of accommodation usually are made in person. If you are looking at privately owned housing, be sure to check out the Tenant Union's resources above for information about rates, checklists, lease review, tenant's rights, and more.