Download Application  (PDF)
Deadlines for Fall Competition
Deadline for students to get applications to departments: September 17, 2012
Deadline for departments to get applications to the Graduate College: 5:00 p.m. September 24, 2012
Deadlines for Spring Competition
Deadline for students to get applications to departments: February 18, 2013
Deadline for departments to get applications to the Graduate College: 5:00 p.m. February 25, 2013. Funds will be available by March 25, 2013.
The Graduate College will provide awards, not to exceed $350, for students to travel to professional conferences during this or one of the next two semesters. These Conference Travel Awards are intended to support students who will be presenting papers, posters, or creative work at the conferences they attend. Please note that the award amount from the Graduate College is based on the distance between the University of Illinois Urbana campus and the student's conference destination. Conference Travel Awards are supported by the Student Initiated Fees .
- The student must be registered and in good academic standing during the term the award is received.
- A student is eligible to receive only one Conference Travel Award per academic year.
- Non-degree students are not eligible for Conference Travel Awards.
- The number of applications that may be submitted is based on 10th day department enrollment numbers. Please see the following table for information on how many awards your department will be eligible to receive. (Please Note: Because students in online programs are not assessed the Student Initiated Fees, they are not counted toward the department’s number of enrolled graduate students, nor are they eligible to receive the award.)
- The department in which the student is enrolled must endorse and approve the student's participation in the conference. The statement on the bottom of the application form will serve as the department's statement of endorsement. Departmental endorsement certifies that the department has verified the student's participation in the conference.
- The Conference Travel Awards are supported by Students for Equal Access to Learning (SEAL) fees, which is part of the Student Initiated Fees. Students must have paid the Student Initiated Fees for the current semester in order to be eligible to receive an award. For more fee information, see www.registrar.illinois.edu/financial/tuition_details.html#fees . Students who are not assessed the fees, for example because they are registered in Credit Range III or IV may participate by paying the fee at a cashier's window in 100 Henry Administration Building.
Conference Travel Awards
Students may not submit applications directly to the Graduate College. All applications must first be submitted to department offices, who will forward the applications to the Graduate College, 204 Coble Hall, MC-322. The application may be electronically completed and then printed from: www.grad.illinois.edu/sites/default/files/PDFs/ConferenceTravel.pdf .
Unit size is based on 10th day enrollment numbers as reported by DMI for programs housed in the unit.
Maximum Number of Travel Awards Per Semester
Award amounts are based on the distance to the conference location from Champaign, IL. The Graduate College calculation of mileage is not disputable.
Miles from Champaign
Submission of Receipts
Students who are awarded a Conference Travel Award are required to submit to their department receipts supporting travel. The Graduate College does not require these receipts; however, the department should keep copies of the award letter, relevant vouchers, and receipts on file for audit purposes.
Department Contacts will receive a report of the awards given to students in their department. Funds are deposited directly into the departmental account on file at the Graduate College. Students receive their award from their department.
Please direct all questions to Wendy Wimmer at firstname.lastname@example.org  or call (217) 333-2983.
 PDF files require Adobe Reader .