BMPs for Graduate Programs come from many sources and are as varied as the units they come from. Below are links to several sources. These policies are considered good policies or procedures, BMPs, that might improve graduate programs and thus the educational experiences of graduate students on our campus. It is recognized that due to the great diversity of programs on the campus, few of these policies will be appropriate for all departments.
Additional BMP suggestions are requested. They may be sent to the Graduate College (email@example.com), for consideration for inclusion. Check back for new methods of achieving your program's goals.
- Ph.D. Completion and Attrition: Policies and Practices to Promote Student Success
- Promising Practices from CGS
- Online Toolkit for Graduate Mentors & Advisers
- Online Toolkit for Graduate Student Annual Academic Progress Reviews
- Illinois Task Force on Graduate Education, BMP list
- Improving Your Communication with Graduate Students