The Graduate College’s 2017 Strategic Plan is now available. The publication comes after a collaborative strategic planning process, led by Dean Wojtek J. Chodzko-Zajko, that began last December. Graduate College staff, members of the Graduate College Executive Committee, and graduate students from SAGE (Students Advising on Graduate Education) participated in four brainstorming sessions centered around questions such as:
- Why is graduate education important for the nation, world, and our university?
- What are the key roles played by the Graduate College?
- What does the Graduate College do well?
- What are areas for improvement?
- What are ways to measure success?
At key points throughout the process, surveys were also sent to Directors of Graduate Study and other stakeholders for input.
The process culminated in eight action areas:
- Metrics & Dashboard: compile data and present metrics related to graduate education
- Innovative Academic Programs: assist academic units in developing and revising degree programs
- Diversity: broaden participation in graduate education
- Student Experience: enrich student experience and promote student wellness
- Student Success: prepare students to thrive in and beyond graduate school
- Coordination with Campus Units: support efficient administration of graduate programs
- Staff Development: promote professional growth and expertise in graduate education
- Visibility: improve the visibility of the Graduate College and our graduate students
See the electronic pdf to learn more about each of these action areas. A limited number of hard copies are available on request.
If you have questions or would like a hard copy, please contact the Graduate College at email@example.com.