Online Mentoring Guides
- Advising Styles
- How to Get the Mentoring You Want
- How to Obtain the Mentoring You Need
- Questions to Ask to Help Select and Advisor
- Guidelines for Good Practice in Graduate Education (expectations for students and faculty)
- Mentoring Guidebook (University of Nebraska)
- Professional Development Timeline
Selected Readings on Mentoring
Getting What You Came For: The Smart Student's Guide to Earning a Master's or Ph.D.
by Robert L. Peters
Self-help Brochures from the University of Illinois Counseling Center. Topics include: Dissertation Success Strategies, Perfectionism, Overcoming Procrastination.
If you have an outstanding adviser or mentor on campus, consider nominating him or her for an award
Mentoring resources for faculty are included in the Faculty/Staff Toolkits.