Online Doctoral Examination Committee Request System
A video tutorial on using the online committee request system is available at the bottom of this page.
This system is for use by University staff with proper authorization only; students should contact their departmental office to initiate a request for appointment of an examination committee.
To request a change to a committee during the 180-day term of appointment:
- Access the previously submitted request form through the link contained in the email notice you received upon the committee's appointment.
- Add or remove committee members and make note of the change in the text field above the Submit button.
- Click the Submit button.
After the change has been approved, you will receive an email with links to the revised committee forms.
Only users listed on the departmental Authorized Signature form and authorized to submit Doctoral Committee Appointment Forms (#4 on the second page of the form) are granted access to the secure system. For further information, refer to the Authorized Signature form instructions.
Graduate College Policy and Resources
Graduate College policy requires a minimum of 4 voting committee members, at least 3 of whom are University of Illinois (Urbana campus) graduate faculty and at least 2 of whom are tenured University of Illinois (Urbana campus) graduate faculty.
- Graduate faculty membership status may be determined by consulting the Graduate Faculty Database.
- For the complete policy on doctoral examination committees, refer to Chapter VII of the Graduate College Handbook.
- Thesis Office (email@example.com or 333-6278): for questions about committee appointments and submitting requests
- Wendy Wimmer (firstname.lastname@example.org or 333-2983): for questions about adding/extending Graduate Faculty membership or submitting/updating the Authorized Signature form
- GSAS (GradAcServ@illinois.edu or 333-2364): for questions about submitting exam result forms or signatures on exam result forms