Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in Memorial Stadium
You are eligible to participate in Commencement if you have graduated since May 2016 or expect to finish your degree requirements by May 2017.
- If you have 8 or fewer hours remaining and expect to complete your Master's degree requirements in August 2017, you may participate in Commencement; however, your name will not appear in the printed Commencement Program until 1 May 2018.
- Recipients of doctoral degrees must have deposited their dissertations in the Graduate College Thesis Office by April 21 in order to participate in the campuswide Commencement ceremony.
- See the campuswide Commencement page for more information regarding eligibility.
Doctoral Student Registration
Doctoral students (PhD, EdD, JSD, DMA and AudD) should register online beteween January and April. If your NetID is no longer active, please contact the Graduate College at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-333-0035.
Master's Student Registration
Master's students should register online at http://go.illinois.edu/register4commencement by April 30.
What to do to get ready?
- Review information, including To-Do list, on the Office of the Chancellor's Commencement at Illinois webpage.
- Review dates and deadlines.
- Order your regalia.
- Doctoral students will be emailed the week before the ceremony with specific instructions.