Once you have submitted your application, you will be required to pay your application fee by credit card. Please note that this fee is non-refundable and your application cannot be reviewed until the application fee has been processed.
The application fee amount is determined by your citizenship and/or visa status. Domestic applicants are required to submit a $70.00 application fee. International applicants are required to submit a $90.00 application fee.
Application Fee Waivers:
University of Illinois Employees:
- This includes Civil Service Staff, Academic Professionals, and Faculty only
- Academic Hourly and Student Employee positions do not qualify for an application fee waiver.
Illinois Promise (I-Promise) Scholars:
- I-Promise Scholars are eligible for an application fee waiver.
- Applicants who have participated in a SROP (Summer Research Opportunities Program) at the University of Illinois or at another US institution qualify for an application fee waiver.
- For more information on this program and to submit your Big Ten Academic Alliance FreeApp application, please visit http://www.grad.illinois.edu/freeapp.
- As long as you have submitted your Big Ten Academic Alliance FreeApp application and indicated interest in Illinois prior to submitting your online application to Illinois, we will approve your fee waiver.
- The Big Ten Academic Alliance sends us a list of all applicants who complete the FreeApp application and indicate interest in Illinois, so no additional documentation is needed.
- FreeApp is open to students from across the United States who meet the criteria listed at http://www.grad.illinois.edu/freeapp, and applicants are not required to have previously studied at a Big Ten university.
Project 1000 Applicants:
- For more information on this program and to submit your Project 1000 application, please visit http://mati.eas.asu.edu/p1000/.
- As long as you have submitted your Project 1000 Application and indicate interest in Illinois prior to submitting your online application to Illinois, we will approve your fee waiver.
- Project 1000 sends us all application materials for those who complete the Project 1000 application and indicate interest in Illinois, so no additional documentation is needed.
- If you are a current McNair Scholar, please ask your current institution to provide you with a letter of proof of your McNair status to fax to our office at 217-265-0010.
- Please go ahead and submit your online application and we will approve your fee waiver upon receiving the fax of your status.
- For more information about the McNair Scholar program, please visit http://www.omsa.illinois.edu/gradprep/mcnair.html.
- If you are affiliated with one of our allied agencies, you may indicate your allied agency in this section and be reviewed for approval of your application fee waiver after submission of your application.
Unfortunately, unless you are covered by one of the waivers described above, the application fee will not be waived.