Welcome! We are delighted you are considering pursuing graduate studies at the University of Illinois.
Before Beginning the Application Process
- Check to be sure that you meet minimum requirements.
- Are you, or have you been, a graduate student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign?
- If returning tot he Graduate College, please review our re-entry instructions.
- If you are a current graduate student wishing to change your major degree program, please review our curriculum change and transfer of credit instructions.
- Do you not intend to pursue a degree?
- Check the nondegree instructions.
- Not quite ready to apply and want more information about graduate studies at Illinois? Check out our Interested in Illinois web site!
Selecting a Program of Study
Before applying, select your program from the list of Graduate Programs of Study.
- If your program is in the following list, contact them directly, and follow their specialized application instructions:
- Otherwise, continue with the application process and check with your proposed program of study office for any additional instructions, requirements, and application deadlines.
- Check for additional instructions for joint degree program applicants and International Exchange Students.
We also offer answers to Frequently Asked Questions that may help you with your application and admission process.
2017 Applications Are Open!
Remember that not all programs offer admission to all terms. Please check with your proposed program of study office for term availability and deadline information.
For general information about campus and the Champaign-Urbana community, visit the web at www.grad.illinois.edu/student-life.
The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available. This report includes statistics from the previous three years concerning reported crime that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus and statistics for fires in on-campus student housing. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and other safety information along with fire safety policies and procedures. You may obtain a hard copy of this report by contacting the Division of Public Safety or by accessing the following Web site: http://www.dps.illinois.edu/clery.htm.